1. Price it realistically. Getting a CMA and advice from an experienced Real Estate Agent will help you arrive at the right price. If you set your price unrealistically high, you may miss out on potential buyers who never consider your home because it is out of their budget. You will likely end up reducing your price but by that time, the qualified buyers may have already contracted with another seller who was priced right.
2. Don't put your home on the market until you have taken a few weeks to get it ready for showing. First impressions are important!
3. Be prepared to handle showings and be as flexible as possible with potential buyers. The more you show your home, the faster you'll sell it. If you find that you are not available to show your home, consider using an agent who can show on your behalf.
4. Be prepared to deal with offers. Decide ahead of time what your bottom line is on price and what your requirements are for the terms. If you do not feel confident in reviewing offers or presenting counter offers, consider our StreetSmart PRO program. Our StreetSmart PRO program offers full service real estate with one of the best negotiating team in the industry for a flat rate.
5. Don't reject the idea of lowering your asking price...especially if you need to sell within a certain time-frame and your home has been on the market for a significant amount of time without an offer.